Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Have you suffered an injury in Los Angeles? A personal injury claim may provide you with the compensation you need to get your life back on track. At The Law Offices of Steers & Associates, we will provide legal representation for any case that involves personal injury.
Not all Los Angeles personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation. At The Law Offices of Steers & Associates, we understand how hard it can be to get help when you’re battling against an insurance company while nursing your injuries and missing time at work.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Law Firm Today to Get the Help and Guidance for Your Legal Issues.
What Does a Personal Injury Attorney Do?
Our lawyers will compile evidence, work with your insurance company, and build a case that demonstrates your eligibility to get a settlement. If your case goes to court, you can trust that your lawyer will represent you before a judge and jury and work tirelessly to show how the at-fault party hurt you.
How Much Is Your Settlement Worth?
Schedule a completely free, no obligation consultation with our team
The insurance company may offer a settlement that’s smaller than what you deserve. Our attorneys can negotiate the compensation if we feel the initial offer is unfair. Without the help of a lawyer, it can be hard to stand up to accomplish this by yourself.
No injury victim should have to fight for their rights alone. With the help of a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer, you can get your life back on track after an accident and get the financial help you deserve.
Why Do I Need a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer After an Accident?
An experienced personal injury attorney will handle every aspect of your case from start to finish. We take the time to listen to what you experienced during your accident. We also ensure to consider what you’re going through now.
Even if you’re unsure whether or not what you’ve suffered constitutes a personal injury claim, you have the right to speak to an attorney in Los Angeles to learn your options for relief.
- Receive professional defense and guidance: Los Angeles personal injury law covers a variety of accidents and legal issues. This includes but is not limited to car accidents, dog bites, and much more. A personal injury lawyer will represent you when an accident was caused due to someone else’s negligence.
- Get relief from medical expenses: Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers will always fight for your right to receive the highest compensation possible. This might include medical bill compensation, loss of wages, hospital bills, or damages related to your pain and suffering.
- Recoup lost earnings after accidents: We understand that filing a claim is more than just seeking money. For some, it’s a lifeline and the only option for relief after getting hurt. Our top-rated legal representation can walk you through the entire process until you attain the settlement you deserve.
- Win against insurance companies: After an accident, it can be hard to stand up to insurance companies and defend yourself against the at-fault party. With the help of the personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Steers & Associates, together, we can hold the negligent party accountable and seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
With the Help of Personal Injury Lawyers, You Are Entitled to Fair Compensation for the Pain and Other Damages.
What Is the California Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
Statutes of limitations exist for civil causes of action and begin to run from the date of the injury, the date it was discovered, or the date on which it would have been discovered with reasonable efforts.
If you have suffered a personal injury in Los Angeles, you have the right to seek compensation. California has a statute of limitations for personal injury, which gives car accident victims two years to go to court from the date of the injury or the discovery of the injury.
However, California personal injury laws recognize circumstances that may prevent injured victims from seeking legal assistance within the allotted time frame. For instance, our litigators can analyze your car accident case and assess if we can apply for extensions.
- Delayed discovery: This addresses situations where you may not realize you’re immediately injured. The statute of limitations starts at the discovery of your injury or the other party’s negligence.
- Would-be defendant leaves the state before you file: The lawsuit can’t proceed if the would-be defendant is not in the state. To compensate, the statute of limitations would stop running at this moment.
How Do I Know if I’m Eligible to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Our team of trial lawyers at The Law Offices of Steers & Associates is dedicated to protecting the rights of those who have been injured or hurt due to the recklessness or negligence of another party.
Our Los Angeles, CA law firm understands the complex nature of personal injuries. We work diligently to pursue compensation for all personal injury victims who have suffered:
Catastrophic injuries can arise from even the most simple accidents. At The Law Offices of Steers & Associates, a car accident lawyer can help victims recover from dozens of types of personal injury accidents, not just your standard vehicle accident or slip and fall.
Let Our Los Angeles Law Firm Help You Receive Maximum Compensation for Traumatic Brain Injuries and Motor Vehicle Accidents.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer?
Our personal injury litigators work on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no fees at all unless we win your case. The best personal injury consultation lets you ask questions in confidence, and you don’t have to worry about additional fees racking up.
Not all law firms in Los Angeles, CA, offer a free consultation to victims who want to pursue injury cases. At The Law Offices of Steers & Associates, having your initial questions and concerns addressed is always free of charge.
We understand you may be left stranded with financial troubles after a catastrophic injury. That’s why our personal injury firm offers contingency legal fees over an hourly rate. In this way, you, the victim, can get help faster without worrying about the cost.
What Should I Do After Suffering a Personal Injury?
If you get a serious injury from a motorcycle accident, you first need to seek medical treatment before you can pursue legal representation for personal injury lawsuits.
Step 1: Get Medical Treatment
Your well-being is at stake if you suffer from a serious injury. Always seek medical attention right away, even if you feel your injuries aren’t severe. At first, a traumatic brain injury may feel like a simple headache.
Back pain after a slip and fall can be a sign of a spinal cord injury. An unaddressed wound can lead to wrongful death. Regardless of how you feel, you should always get medical treatment after an accident.
Step 2: Call a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer
Not all lawyers can help with your specific case. Suppose you suffered any kind of accident in Los Angeles. In that case, it’s important to remember that the Law Offices of Steers & Associates has vast legal experience, which awards verdicts and settlements to victims.
For example, should you experience a serious injury from a motor vehicle accident, you can seek financial damages from the insurance provider of the at-fault party.
Remember this number: (800) 824-5416. If you’ve been hurt, you need a lawyer with knowledge of California state law and extensive personal injury experience. Our lawyers can provide you with just that.
Step 3: Collect Evidence From the Accident Scene
The more evidence you have demonstrating the person’s negligence who caused you serious injury, the stronger your case will become. Of course, we don’t expect you to stand on the streets for long and put yourself at risk to collect evidence.
Even taking photos of the scene of the accident, like your damaged vehicle or injuries, can help you prove your case in court and demonstrate your right to compensation. Talk to any witnesses and write down their testimonies as well.
Once you’ve left the scene and contacted the Law Offices of Steers & Associates, our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys will handle the rest.
Call the Law Offices of Steers & Associates to Schedule a Free Consultation Today.
What Is the Process of Filing a Personal Injury Case?
If you are an accident victim, our law firm can assist you in filing claims to prove the negligence of the other party under California law. As a result, you can obtain financial compensation for injuries, trauma, and other damages sustained from accidents.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to an investigating authority as soon as possible. The police or an employer can document the situation. These files can serve as valuable information to make a compelling case.
- Attorney consultation: A Los Angeles personal injury lawyer from our firm can handle complex personal injury claims so you can focus on recovery. You can take advantage of our free consultation to ask questions and determine the best course of action. Our legal representation combines analytical skills and the best resources to obtain compensation.
- Send a demand for compensation: Our Los Angeles law firm will devise a demand letter after you finish your medical treatment. Our firm will send the letter to the at-fault party or their insurance company to notify them of your claimed damages.
- File a lawsuit for damages: We will file a formal Complaint for damages if the defendant rejects your demand. This consists of facts and supporting causes of action to later create a compelling legal argument for court. A personal injury lawsuit in Los Angeles requires proving someone’s wrongdoing using a powerful case from the plaintiff.
- Discovery: How do you prove negligence? Personal injury cases proceed to the discovery phase after filing of a lawsuit. This part enables both parties to examine information and evidence relevant to the case.
- Negotiate a settlement: Our law firm can use your legal claim/case to negotiate a reasonable settlement and, in many cases, the maximum compensation possible. If you agree to a settlement, you will need to dismiss your lawsuit against the settling Defendant.
- Take the case to trial: You have the right to take the case to trial if the Defendant refuses to negotiate or makes a “lowball” offer. You’ll need an experienced litigator from the Law Offices of Steers & Associations to ensure success in the courtroom. A judge or jury can decide if you must be awarded compensation and how much you should receive.
Resolve Injury Cases and Win a Settlement for Your Personal Injury Matters.
How Much Money Do Victims Get After Personal Injury Cases?
In Los Angeles, CA, there is no cap on how much you can receive from a successful lawsuit unless the case involves medical malpractice. The financial outcome of your case will depend upon the specifics of your accident. Since every situation is different, there’s no way to predetermine how much money you’ll receive after your accident.
In especially egregious injury cases, we’ll fight for your right to recover damages that hold the at-fault party responsible for what they caused. You may be eligible for compensation that covers:
- Medical bills: If you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to bear the financial burden. A personal injury lawyer will fight for your right to medical bill compensation. This can cover the cost of prescription medication, rehabilitative care, and more.
- Lost wages: There’s never a good time to lose money in your paycheck. You deserve to get compensated if you’ve been forced to stay home to heal after a serious injury.
- Hospital bills: Even if you don’t require extensive medical care, they can be pretty expensive and hospital bills may lead to bankruptcy.. We’ll demonstrate the negligence of the at-fault party and defend your right to compensation that relieves you from this debt.
- Pain and suffering: Your mental health and well-being should not to be overlooked. If your life has changed after an accident, you deserve to recover emotional damages.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are considered punishment and are typically awarded at the court’s discretion when the defendant’s behavior is especially harmful. If you’ve been hurt by someone whose conduct was reckless or intentional, we’ll help hold them accountable.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Steers & Associates
Have a Dedicated Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA, Win Your Injury Cases.
Working with premier Los Angeles litigators from the Law Offices of Steers & Associates gives you legal options for recovering compensation. We will review your case and explain your rights and what we can do to win the best compensation for your incident.
We work tirelessly to defeat insurance companies and corporations who attempt to deny justice and compensation for injury victims.
- Millions recovered for clients: Our law office has recovered millions in maximum compensation for injured clients across Southern California. We strive to provide victims with the highest quality legal representation after suffering from physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial loss.
- AVVO Rating Superb 10: The AVVO rating assesses a lawyer’s reputation and qualifications. We have a rating of 10 that ensures our qualifications and past performances have rendered a superb reputation among the industry, peers, and past clients.
- Decades of trial-tested experience: We have demonstrated professional integrity, enabling us to win compensation in accident-related cases such as vehicle and premises accidents. Our lawyers have a strong track record of taking cases to trial when necessary.
- 5-Star reviews: We’ve helped countless clients gain just compensation and a successful outcome for their injury cases. Our clients can attest to how our Los Angeles law firm handles personal injury cases with care, professionalism, and utmost importance.
Have a Dedicated Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA, Win Your Injury Cases.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Soon Should I Contact a Personal Injury Law Firm After My Accident?
The best time to call a personal injury claims lawyer is right away. The sooner you reach out, the better the chances of an efficient claim, case process, medical treatment, and financial compensation.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
Wrongful death claims give family members the right to seek financial damages from parties responsible for the death of a loved one. You have two years from the date of death to bring a civil claim to California.
Contact Your Experienced Attorney to Gain Monetary Compensation
Several types of injuries can affect the way you live, especially physically, emotionally, and financially. It’s essential to gain legal representation right away to protect your rights.
Our team at the Law Offices of Steers & Associates will work diligently on your personal injury case. The quicker you contact a Southern California lawyer, the better chance you have at a favorable outcome for your case.
Call our law offices today at (800) 824-5416 to schedule your free consultation. Remember, when you work with us, you pay no fees at all unless we win your case.
Client’s father was killed, while riding a motorcycle, by a pizza delivery driver making a left turn in his path. $1,500,000 was recovered from the pizza franchise and $15,000 (minimum policy) was recovered from the driver.
Client was a motorcycle rider who was side-swiped by an inattentive driver. Client incurred significant injuries and ultimately had spinal surgery. The case resolved after extensive and lengthy litigation.
Client was a passenger in a car that was rear-ended by a bus. Client incurred significant injuries and ultimately had neck surgery. The case resolved after extensive and lengthy litigation.