If you were involved in an accident while on foot call Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyer Allen Vaysberg for a free consultation now.
When a runner or a walking pedestrian is struck by a vehicle, catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, shattered limbs, or brain damage often result. Sometimes, the victim of such an accident is killed, bringing sudden pain and suffering upon their loved ones. Such serious injuries can occur because the victim was exposed to an oncoming vehicle that is far heavier than a human body in a defenseless position.
Runner and general pedestrian accidents happen all the time because drivers of motor vehicles do not pay attention to or think that they do not have to observe the rules of the road. These pedestrian accidents can result in large medical bills, costs related to lost wages, and depending on the extent of injuries, possibly reduced future earnings.
How Much Is Your Settlement Worth?
Schedule a completely free, no obligation consultation with our team
A legal personal injury specialist in pedestrian and runner injuries can protect your legal rights and force involved insurance companies to honor their full compensation and coverage responsibilities.
Insurance companies typically are interested in paying as little as possible to the injured party in a pedestrian or jogger accident. As a result, it is common for the insurance company of the driver that caused the accident to offer “lowball” settlement offers to victims.
The Los Angeles attorneys of the Law Offices of Steers & Associates understand how hard it can be for injured pedestrians to stand up to these companies to recover compensation when it matters most. Our Los Angeles pedestrian accident attorneys are legal experts in handling these cases and aggressively deal with insurance companies to get pedestrian accident victims good settlements, or the firm is always ready to take the case to trial if it is in the best interests of the client.
Why Should I Work With a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Los Angeles, CA?
Filing a pedestrian accident claim is the only way to ensure a California pedestrian can get the justice they deserve after becoming injured due to the negligence of a moving vehicle. Without the help of a lawyer, it’s difficult to stand up for yourself and defend your rights, which can make it even more difficult to get the settlement you deserve.
Your lawyer will help to prove negligence on behalf of the other party, and will leverage California state law to defend your right to a settlement. Your personal injury lawyer will help show that you were hit by a car, communicate the extent of your injuries, and even manage communication with your insurance company to ensure you’re not being taken advantage of.
How Much Does It Cost to Speak With a Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
At the Law Offices of Steers & Associates, we offer a free consultation to any Los Angeles pedestrian accident victim in need of legal advice. To schedule a free case evaluation, contact our law offices at (800) 824-5416.
How Soon Should I File My Pedestrian Accident Case?
In California, there is a two year statute of limitations on pedestrian accident claims not involving public entities. This means, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit, if necessary. We recommend contacting a Los Angeles pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive After a Pedestrian Accident?
Our pedestrian accident lawyers will fight for your right to whatever type of compensation applies to your case. This may include:
- Medical expenses: If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident due to someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to be burdened with the cost of your medical care. Medical expenses compensation can include the cost of emergency room care, hospitalization, doctor’s visits and more.
- Lost wages: Lost wages compensation is intended to provide an injured accident victim with the money they missed from their paycheck while they were forced to stay home from work to nurse their injuries.
- Wrongful death: Many pedestrian deaths unfortunately occur every year. Your attorney will guide you through the process of filing wrongful death damages to compensate you for what you’ve suffered.
- Pain and suffering: Your depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress are not to be overlooked. Our lawyers will fight for your right to pain and suffering compensation.
Support Services Offered at the Law Offices of Steers and Associates
- Thorough factual analysis during initial (free) consultation with clients.
- Knowledge of laws and issues that specifically relate to pedestrian accidents, including availability of uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, right of way of pedestrians, using or not using crosswalks, jaywalking and inattentive drivers.
- Obtain police and investigative reports when appropriate.
- Have law firm’s investigators obtain witness statements when necessary.
- Inspect scene of accident if necessary.
- Fast response to clients’ questions.
- Monitor medical treatment to ensure clients are satisfied with their care.
- Prompt preparation of demand for compensation to insurance company once medical treatment is finished.
- Assistance in resolving clients’ medical bills including any lien issues.
- Aggressive and thorough representation in the event a lawsuit has to be filed.
Allen Vaysberg (pedestrian accident lawyer, Los Angeles) provides professional legal experience to victims and their families who have been subjected to injury due to the negligence of another.
At the Law Offices of Steers and Associates, we deliver an effective and strategic approach to holding pedestrian accident offenders responsible for their disregard for the safety of those around them. Each lawyer in our firm shares the common objective of recovering the best financial settlement possible for each case we represent, targeting each financial outlet available through the negligent party.
At Steers & Associates, we provide proficient legal analysis of each case we represent, applying a personal approach to each victim’s needs. No two pedestrian accident cases in the San Fernando Valley or Los Angeles area are the same, and our attorney group is committed to fulfilling the financial needs of each of our clients based on their personal circumstances, and the extent of their physical, emotional and psychological injuries combined.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Steers and Associates?
Combining a personal approach to our clients’ needs and an aggressive strategy when battling the insurance company’s lawyers has made our pedestrian accident attorneys successful in recovering substantial recoveries for our clients throughout the years.
Concentrating on our clients’ recovery, and the financial capacity of the driver, and his or her insurance company, allows us to arm ourselves with the knowledge necessary to obtain success in the courtroom.
Not all pedestrian accident attorneys in Southern California offer a free initial consultation for accident victims. But at our law firm, we understand that those injured after a car accident, premises injury or pedestrian accident don’t need another added expense on their plate. That’s why we never charge for an initial consultation, and pledge to provide you with the best advice available.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Los Angeles, we urge you to obtain our representation before speaking with any insurance representative or their attorneys. It is important that the facts of the case are presented by a legal professional, and that your case is not compromised by their lawyers’ attempt at discrediting your case.
As Los Angeles pedestrian accident attorneys, Steers & Associates offers our legal services with pedestrian or runner accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. When a settlement for damages is secured, then the firm’s legal fees will be covered by an agreed upon percentage of the financial compensation to the client. A contingency fee basis means you pay no fees at all unless we win your case.
Why Our Clients Are Satisfied:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I was in an accident where my car was totaled. At first, I thought I could handle things by myself but then my pain began to get much worse. I hired Allen based on the recommendation of a friend and he did not disappoint. He was very fast in answering my calls and emails. He also got me the maximum settlement from the other person’s insurance and then got me compensation from my insurance too. – James