You can be the safest driver in Los Angeles, but you can’t control what a careless and negligent motorist will do. After being seriously injured in an accident that was caused by the carelessness and negligence of somebody else, you’re going to have the opportunity to control what happens after that. Getting better and reaching maximum medical, financial and emotional improvement starts by retaining a Whittier car accident lawyer from our offices who will not only protect your rights, but also assert them by pursuing the maximum compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
Contact our Whittier car accident lawyer today at (562) 320-8684 for a free consultation.
What We Do For Our Clients
Our law firm has extensive experience in helping injured victims and their families throughout southern California. They entrust us with the legal details of their cases while they work on recovering from their injuries. Here are some examples of just some of the things that we do for our clients:
How Much Is Your Settlement Worth?
Schedule a completely free, no obligation consultation with our team
- Conduct a full and complete investigation of the accident that leaves no stone unturned.
- Closely examine all insurance policies and the liability of all possible parties in connection with the accident.
- File claims, notices, lawsuits and motions in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Build strong and persuasive cases based on all available evidence.
- Consult with experts like doctors, engineers or life care planners when necessary.
- Resolve any health care or insurance liens on gross proceeds in pursuit of the highest possible net proceeds for clients.
Investigating Auto Accidents in Whittier
Evidence can be lost or destroyed, and the recollection of an eyewitness to an event can get fuzzy over time. That’s why you should consult with us as soon as possible after being injured in an accident. We want to start a full and complete investigation of the facts and circumstances surrounding a motor vehicle accident right away. A thorough investigation is the foundation of any personal injury case. We’re able to preserve crucial evidence through that investigation. Just some of the evidence that we might want to discover and preserve follows:
- Police accident reports.
- Paramedic and emergency room reports.
- Photos of the damaged vehicles.
- Any traffic or security camera footage of the crash.
- Written or recorded statements of any eyewitnesses.
- Electronic evidence from on board computer systems or black boxes.
- Medical and surgical records and reports.
- Employment records evidencing lost earnings.
Some Common Causes of Car Accidents
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has concluded that 94 percent of all serious traffic accidents are attributable to human choices and human error. Speeding was at the top of all primary driver behaviors in causing accidents. Simple laws of physics dictate that the faster the speed that a driver travels at, the more distance it will take for a driver to attempt to avoid an accident. Here are some other common causes of car accidents in and around Los Angeles:
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs or both. The vision, hearing, judgment and reaction time of drivers becomes impaired quickly and significantly. All of these types of accidents are perfectly preventable.
- Distracted driving like talking on a cell phone, texting or inputting information into a navigational device all cause a driver’s attention to be diverted from the primary task of driving safely. Two other common forms of distraction are eating or personal grooming while behind the wheel.
- Driving too fast for traffic or weather conditions. This can be a form of speeding, even if a motorist is driving under the speed limit.
- Disobeying stop signs and red lights. Thousands of car accidents occur every year because drivers ignored red lights and stop signs. Broadside accidents are particularly dangerous. Most autos offer little side impact protection.
- Failure to maintain a proper interval between a following car and the vehicle ahead of it. This is particularly dangerous at high speeds like on the freeway.
- Drowsy or fatigued driving, especially when truckers or other drivers are behind the wheel for many hours at a time. Drowsy or fatigued driving is often compared to driving under the influence.
Once we’re able to establish liability in an accident, the client becomes eligible to be compensated for their damages. Any compensation that might be paid depends on a variety of factors, including the nature and extent of the client’s injuries. Just some of the damages that California allows an accident victim to be compensated for include past and future medical bills, past and future lost earnings, any permanent disfigurement or disability, pain and suffering and loss of a normal life. In the event that a wrongful death occurs as a result of an accident, other very significant damages can be sought on top of funeral and burial costs.
The Opposing Insurance Company
We advise any injured accident victim not to speak at all with the opposing insurance company. In one way or another, it’s likely that he or she will only end up hurting their case. The classic way that the insurer might lull an injured accident victim into giving a statement is to phone the person a few days after the accident, “just to see how you’re getting along.” Then, the insurer’s representative will try to lull the person into giving a recorded statement, “just for purposes of nailing down liability.” The actual purpose of getting that statement is an attempt by the opposing insurer to push some or all of the liability for the accident over onto the injured victim. If the insurer is successful at doing that, victims can expect their own words to be used against them in front of a jury in efforts to attack their credibility along with the extent of their injuries. Injured parties should never give an opposing insurer any information about their accident. California law doesn’t require them to assist an opposing insurer in preparing its defense against them. Contact us right away instead, and we’ll arrange for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. We promise to listen to you closely, answer your questions and advise you of your full range of legal options. Once you retain us, we’ll make sure that you never hear from that insurance company again.
Contact a Whittier Car Accident Lawyer Today.
People who suffer severe injuries in motor vehicle accidents are financially and emotionally overwhelmed with medical bills, the inability to go about their jobs and attend to their families. For purposes of protecting the bottom line, it’s the objective of an opposing insurer to compensate accident victims with as little money as possible or even nothing. Don’t get hurt again. Speak with a Whittier car accident lawyer from our offices right away after being injured in any southern California car accident. Don’t give that opposing insurance company a chance to take advantage of you. Maintain control of your case. Contact us first.