Panorama City is one of the most densely populated neighborhoods in LA, and residents love riding their bicycles around town. They use them to get to work, go shopping, visiting friends, or just go for a leisurely bike ride on a sunny day.
This is great for the city as it puts fewer cars on the roads, fewer fossil fuels being burned, and people are getting exercise. However, just like anything, there is a downside. The more bikes on the road, the higher the risk that a cyclist and a motorist are going to collide.
At the Law Offices of Steers & Associates, we stand ready to help any cyclist who has been injured in a bike accident because of someone else’s negligence. Over the years, we’ve seen many accidents that come from high-risk activities and circumstances, some of which are:
How Much Is Your Settlement Worth?
Schedule a completely free, no obligation consultation with our team
- Motorist Tunnel Vision: In a large majority of bicycle v car crashes, the motorist simply doesn’t see the low profile of the bicycle. This plays out as a factor in many types of bicycle collisions.
- Right Hook: A cyclist might be riding along the right-hand side of the right lane, or in a bike lane, and a car will turn across the path of the cyclist to make a right turn. This is a right hook, and can cause serious injury or death.
- Left Hook: When a car turns left into the path of a cyclist that has the right-of-way, it’s called a left hook, and tunnel vision is usually a factor.
- Dooring: A dooring is a scary thing and it happens when a car occupant opens their door into the path of a cyclist. Today, many bike lanes are being reconfigured to diminish the risk of a dooring.
- Blind Spots: All cars have them, and they only add to the motorist’s inability to see the cyclist. It’s unfortunately often up to the bike rider to look for blind spots and to avoid them.
- Bike Lanes: A cyclist is required to use a bike lane if one exists and they are unable to keep up with the flow of traffic. Bike lanes can be blocked by people, cars or other objects, and cyclists need to be vigilant.
Bike Accident Injuries
At the Law Offices of Steers & Associates, we feel that a cyclist has just as much right to the road as any motor vehicle, and should be able to use those streets without being hit and injured by the negligence and carelessness of motorists.
A cyclist is extremely vulnerable in a collision with any motor vehicle. There is little if any protection, and the impact usually ejects the rider from the bike causing more injury from a second impact. Over the years, we’ve seen many types of serious injuries that have come from an accident. Some of the common injuries are:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Fractured Collarbone
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Shattered Wrists
- Broken Arms/Legs
- Chest Compressions
- Internal Injuries/Bleeding
- Severe Road Rash
Contact a Panorama City Personal Injury Attorney
The best thing to do when injured by someone else’s negligence is to talk to a Panorama City Personal Injury Attorney who understands the law and has experience getting injured victims the compensation they deserve.
Call the Law Firm of Steers & Associates at 800 824 5416 or click here to contact us online. We have attorneys with years of experience dealing with every type of personal injury, and we get results against the insurance companies and their highly-paid lawyers. Call us now to even the playing field and get the compensation you deserve.